I don't have many idols, but the few i do have really inspire me and i thrive to know more about them. One of these select few, is Daphne Guinness. Daphne Guinness is an heiress of the Guinness Family, and although she is an artist, i pull my inspiration from her in Fashion. In the fashion industry, Daphne is known for her journalism and ultimate sense of style.
In the most basic form, Daphne is a fashion goddess. Shes a collector of haute couture, shes listed in the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame, and she also models. However, my favorite part of Daphne, is herself. The way she thinks, the way she looks, the way she presents herself is mesmerizing. Nowness recently filmed a video on Daphne Guinness, and it just made me adore her __ this much more.
Daphne Guinness: Undressed on Nowness.com.
My favorite part of this short documentary is when Daphne states, "When people label me as eccentric or different, I'm kind of astonished". Who can't relate with that quote? People's vision of you, may be completely different than what you think of yourself. I, personally, try my hardest not to listen to the negative things people say about me. However those few times when i cant help hearing what people say, i become a bit discouraged. And (I'm sad to say) i don't express myself to the full extant that i can. I'm still working on that. . .its a work in progress.
I'm just trying to get to the point: Don't let people shape you into what they want. Be your true self. Express yourself as if no ones looking, and if they do look - So What! I always think its better to be yourself and be happy, rather than be who someone else wants you to be and sad. Here are some of Daphne Guinness' rather rad up dos:
In the most basic form, Daphne is a fashion goddess. Shes a collector of haute couture, shes listed in the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame, and she also models. However, my favorite part of Daphne, is herself. The way she thinks, the way she looks, the way she presents herself is mesmerizing. Nowness recently filmed a video on Daphne Guinness, and it just made me adore her __ this much more.
Daphne Guinness: Undressed on Nowness.com.
My favorite part of this short documentary is when Daphne states, "When people label me as eccentric or different, I'm kind of astonished". Who can't relate with that quote? People's vision of you, may be completely different than what you think of yourself. I, personally, try my hardest not to listen to the negative things people say about me. However those few times when i cant help hearing what people say, i become a bit discouraged. And (I'm sad to say) i don't express myself to the full extant that i can. I'm still working on that. . .its a work in progress.
I'm just trying to get to the point: Don't let people shape you into what they want. Be your true self. Express yourself as if no ones looking, and if they do look - So What! I always think its better to be yourself and be happy, rather than be who someone else wants you to be and sad. Here are some of Daphne Guinness' rather rad up dos:












she s amazin
ReplyDelete<3 her style
She does seem rather incredible!
ReplyDelete♥ Leia
Daphne is one of the few people I consider style icons, too. She recently was on the same NY-LON flight as me (a few days after the Met Ball) and she is the tiniest little thing you can imagine.
ReplyDeleteThis video on daphne and truly loved it. She is one amazing women.
ReplyDeleteLee
x
Wish I had enough hair to do crazy hair shit!
ReplyDelete