. Mordrian: Alexander McQueen. . .You Will Be Missed
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

31.5.11

Alexander McQueen. . .You Will Be Missed


Lately, my thoughts have been directed towards Alexander McQueen. I don't know if its because of the MET''s Savage Beauty, his tragic death, or simply his amazing designs. I would take you on a journey throughout his whole designing career, however that would probably take me a month or two.

I've decided to pick my favorite season.  Alexander McQueen's Spring 2010 RTW was....something from the beyond. I didn't know human we're even capable of making (or wearing) these types of things! Everything about this collection was perfection.



However, from what I've heard, the runway show was the best part of this collection. The mixture of high fashion, art, and technology was unbelievable. The models were all so stunning! Did you see their hair? I think i may know where Katy Perry found her inspiration behind E.T. As Susie Bubble said, "At first glance, it's amazing [Oh] and it comes up closer and it becomes even more a beautiful vision". I think that quote sums up my entire thoughts for this whole fashion show.

This is going to be extremely difficult for me to accomplish, but I'm going to attempt to pick out my favorite pieces from this collection. Ok, here i go:

HAIR:
 
  Her eyebrow....bones are amazing

Just think of the extensive amount of time and labor that went into the making of these models. What i really like about the models, though, are their 'bone' structures. I don't know what its made of, but the things they added to the models faces make them look completely breath taking (and a little scary..).

SHOES:

Although i do love the armadillo shoes, this last 'regular' shoe really blew my mind. I think its the armour feeling it has. The metal heel, the rusted color, the way the heel is fastened together. The last armadillo shoe picture is my all time favorite. It's so elegantly designed and i adore the falling metal design over the nude pink.

DRESSES:
  (All pictures and video from Style.com)

I think what really made these dresses so magnificent is the way they were put together. If you look at the patterned dresses, you can easily isolate each different pattern. So the real beauty of the dress is the way the patterns were brought together, and considering how many different ways pattern matching can go wrong, it was beautiful to see the patterns merging into one.

R.I.P Alexander McQueen, you will always be remembered.

2 comments:

  1. mcqueen was a rare talent, a true visionary like no other. but really i am SO impressed with sarah burton's work. she does put her own spin on things but you can see mcqueen alive and well in her designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at Alexander McQueen's work. I'm going to go to New York soon to check out his exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Those shoes are insane, I must see them in person.

    ReplyDelete