. Mordrian: Fashion Week - Outside America
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

17.5.11

Fashion Week - Outside America


I was recently messaging one of my fellow bloggers, Lee Oliveira (the genuis behind LeeOlveira.com), while i was cruising around his site. Lee currently resides in Australia, and hes been writing about RAFW (Rosemount Australian Fashion Week). After looking at his posts about RAFW, i began to think about fashion week outside America.

I'm not quite sure about everyone else, but till now I've only been thinking about NYFW (i was unpleasently surprised to realize my own close mindedness). After i stared my blog and started to meet other bloggers outside the U.S., i quickly realized that fashion (and fashion blogging) is BIG everywhere. I've only just started to realize American fashion, and now I've been exposed to fashion in Australia, England, The Philippines! There's just so much to take in and to learn.

As i talked about earlier, Australia's fashion week has been extremely interesting for me. Oliveira's posts on Australia's fashion week have been helping me incredibly. His pictures give you a great feelings of what it would feel like to actually be attending RAFW. While i was browsing his pictures, i began to compare and differentiate between RAFW and NYFW.

 

I'm not trying to stereotype or anything, but when i look at the RAFW shows and model, i can instantly tell that they aren't American, and that's really a new thing to me! I love their I'm-not-trying-to-but-i-know-I'm-exotic look. The models Ive seen so far have the most AMAZING face structure and collar bones! It really amazed me how beautiful people can be.

I think for the time being, each new fashion week i learn about will be compared to America's. However, as my blog and i grow, i believe that I'll begin to be able to compare foreign fashion, to other foreign fashion. I'm ecstatic with the thought of learning about foreign fashion and meeting bloggers outside my country's barriers.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to see others appreciating Australian fashion :) We have some awesome fashion designers here. Just letting you know that I've written a note on your wiki talk page- http://wikifashion.com/wiki/User_talk:Mordrian

    ReplyDelete